Sunday 30 June 2013

An afternoon at the cricket......

Having spent the afternoon watching cricket I needed to make a relatively simple square so I could also keep an eye on the match:
A square worked in rounds of trebles, at the centre of each row one treble was replaced by a single chain to give the vertical and horizontal holes.
It was one of those quintessentially English afternoons - strawberries, pimms and a village cricket ground. The players however were all current or ex Warwickshire players playing in a benefit match making it a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon:

3 comments:

  1. Can you please send me the pattern for the above square - I want to make it because it looks so pretty but I cannot find it anywhere online. Thank you.

    My email is enns.marlene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get the patterns to these squares please? I like to make all different squares then join them all together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at the pattern I’ve done one using a standard granny square which gives you the diagonal lines but like they said in the blog above added a chain one space for the horizontal and vertical lines

      Delete